Saturday, March 21, 2009

pictures

I have said it before, but I will say it again, I really really appreciate all the love and support everyone has given me over the last couple of weeks. It has made this whole process so much easier. I wanted everyone to share all the beautiful flowers and gifts I got.






Also, for those curious, here are some pictures of what my neck looks like - before the bandages came off ...


and after (today)...
I am getting a little better every day. I feel pretty good now, I just get winded very easily which is frustrating. Oh, and my voice is still not very strong. If I talk loudly or for very long, it gets very tired. So after a day (or even an hour) of taking care of the (naturally loud) kids, you can imagine how tired my voice is.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! Amy, those photos are amazing. The incision is... kinda small and not that big of a big deal at all...and TOTALLY HUGE and SCARY and a totally big deal... Wow. Cool, and just totally fascinating and scary. I also love the other shots, especially the candy bar card - clever! Love it. So glad you're feeling the support with just flowers and candy bars, because it is definitely true that we all feel totally supportive of you, no matter what we say or do. Or don't say and don't do. I'm positive I'm speaking for absolutely everyone when I say this: love you much, and totally just want a full recovery and all the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I LOVE that candy card you got! How creative! I'm sure it made you smile. I am so pleased that you seem to be recovering so quickly & nicely. And a new "hoarser" sounding voice might prove to be rather sexy, tee hee. Glad you are doing so well. Is Cathy still there helping? What an angel she was to do this.
    Keep improving!! And continued well wishes come from me. LOVE, Ant Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - I feel awful for not knowing what you were dealing with. I am so sorry. I knew you were going into the hospital but I figured if you wanted people to know why you would tell, so I didn't ask. LOOK....here it all is...layed out in front of my face. I totally forgot about your website.
    Looks like everything went well. I am very happy for you. I will now be praying for you over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete