Thursday, March 12, 2009

Not sleeping much

I can't sleep and they are going to come in and draw blood again in about 20 minutes, so no use even trying right now. in fact not much sleep going on at all tonight. I fell asleep around 8, then they woke me up at 10:30 for vitals, then at 11:30 I was nauseous, got anti-nausea medicine, slept until 1:00 when they decided to give me extra calcium in the IV (my body's calcium is low and making my hands tingle - but this was to be expected), slept until 2:00 when they switched me back to a regular IV and game me pain medicine, dozed until 3:00 when I got nauseous again, more medicine at 3:30 and now can't sleep.

I hear the surgery went very well, but I see Dan did a good job of updating on that. We'll talk to the docs again in the morning. The endocrinologist came in to meet me and I think I heard him say that there's a possibility I won't even need the radioactive iodine because the nodule was so small and if the biopsies they are doing on surrounding tissue come back normal, but I'll double check that when he comes by in the morning. I'm not in a lot of pain, but it's definitely uncomfortable. More later...

2 comments:

  1. Well, blogging at 3:38 in the morning, that sure sounds like you are in recovery mode, Amy! That is interesting medical stuff, I know the nausea is pretty typical. Mom had that really bad, too, after both her joint replacement surgeries. Super news about the small size of the nodule. It will be great if you don't have to do the iodine... but wait... wouldn't it be COOL to get a radioactive injection?! It might give you Spidey Powers. And you could communicate across time and space with Mike! That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful your surgery went well! I'm hoping the sleep situation improves though. :)
    You have to be the most "perfect" patient ever, with your long slender neck & little tiny nodule. :) Makes the doctor's job that much easier.
    Hope you get to go home tomorrow!!
    LOVE, Ant Patsy

    ReplyDelete