Monday, March 9, 2009

confirmed for Wednesday

Finally heard from the doctor's office at about 2pm today. (they were supposed to call at 8am) I am confirmed for surgery on Wednesday at approx. 1pm. I'll check in at about 11am. I have a pre-op doctor's appt. tomorrow and then I should be ready to go. The surgery will last about 3 hours. During which time they will confirm the diagnosis and biopsy my lymph nodes just in case. I will have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours after surgery to monitor my calcium levels. Apparently calcium levels often dip after the surgery since the glands that regulate calcium are right next to the thyroid and can be irritated or damaged.

I'm sure I have more to say, but I'm so tired right now I can't think of anything. More later...

2 comments:

  1. No more being tired! Sleep first. Then post comments. But do post lots of comments. This is interesting stuff, and an amazing experience. Which you WILL recover from, 100%. We insist. That is freaky weird about the calcium glands. I didn't even know there was a calcium gland. Love ya, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Becky is right - sleep first, then post! :) I appreciate all this information so much, it helps to understand it all. The more info, the less scary it seems. Here's hoping the surgery goes well! Love, Ant Patsy

    ReplyDelete