Friday, March 13, 2009

going home today!

I get to go home today! Yay!
Yesterday evening, they took me off the IV, and took my drain tube out. I got a good sleep last night, so I feel so much better than I did 24 hours ago. My calcium levels are low, but I don't have any symptoms of low calcium (tingling hands or lips) so they are going to send me home. Still no pathology reports though, so I don't know yet whether I'll have to do the radioactive iodine. But it is really sounding like I may not have to do that (that's huge!). I'll find out for sure next week when I see the endocrinologist. I'll also have an appointment with the ENT doc to check the incision, and test my calcium. There sending me home with more medication then I've ever been on in my life - pain killers, anti-biotics, anti-nausea (if I need it), calcium supplements, and synthetic hormones.

The kids are coming to visit this morning with my parents, and then they'll come back with Daddy around lunchtime to pick me up.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope you are back home once again, Amy.
    You can sleep in your bed tonight & nobody will wake you up to take your vital signs. :) You have been through a lot, and have handled it so well. Now you just have to keep taking all that medicine they gave you. A year or so from now you might look back on all this & say "That wasn't so bad"....or not. Tee hee. Continued recovery is the order of the day now, okay?! :) LOVE, Ant Patsy

    ReplyDelete