Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doing well

Well, I had a rough morning, after my long night, but I am doing better now. I was nauseous from the pain killers this morning, but finally got some better anti-nausea medication and some food and all the medicine is working as it should, so I feel much better. I am resting, playing video games and watching movies. Still waiting to hear whether they are going to keep me over night tonight, and what the next course of action in my treatment is. They are hoping to get a report from pathology tonight or tomorrow morning on the biopsies that will help determine whether I need the radioactive iodine. It will also determine what type of hormones they send me home with now - temporary ones that will leave my system quickly when they need them to for the radioactive treatment, or more permanent ones if I don't need the treatment. They will take the drain tube out of my incision later this afternoon.

I had some adorable little visitors around noon today. Although they were here before I got the food in me. I just wish I had been more awake to visit with Julia and Billy, but they did very well. I also received some beautiful get well bouquets (thank you Jim, Becky and Patsy, and Cathy and Karl!) and the cleverest card you've ever seen. (thank you Karin!) and I understand there is another bouquet waiting for me at home. I hope to be able to upload pictures of all that later tonight. Thank you to everyone for brightening my day!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes!! A tube draining stuff out of your incision?! What did the kids think of that?! Sounds rather space-age to me. :)
    I love that the kids got to visit you today. Some hospitals don't allow children in to see patients. Did they approve of the bandages?? Tee hee.
    Love this blog!!
    Ant Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that things went well. I'm hoping that the radioactive part of treatment is unnecessary! Hope you are home soon! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great about the kids coming to see you! Sounds like you're making a good recovery. Yay!

    ReplyDelete